Property & Casualty Insurance

Property and Casualty Insurance includes a variety of coverages that are absolutely necessary for any Labor Organization. Property Insurance includes coverage for buildings, contents, computer equipment, business interruption and extra expense in the event of a covered event or loss. It is imperative that Labor Organizations and their affiliated Plans have the proper coverages in place to avoid severe financial hardship in the event of a loss. In addition, coverage for affiliated training schools of theUnioncan be complex. Proper evaluation  and review of the needed coverages will properly protect theUnionand Plans.


Casualty Insurance includes General Liability, Automobile Liability Vessel Liability and Workers Compensation as well as Excess/Umbrella Liability insurance. In today’s insurance climate, Labor Organizations are often left with sub-standard coverage due to various policy limitations and exclusions. In the case of Labor Organizations and their affiliated Plans and schools, exposures to loss are often complex and often involve a myriad of insurance classifications. Exposures such as dormitories, cafeterias, physical training facilities, transportation and maintenance vehicles, vessels, teacher’s professional

present unique coverage situations. In addition, personal and advertising injury liability is often excluded from coverage without the knowledge of the union or the insurance agent. Labor Unions and their affiliated Plans must have proper review of their insurance policies in order to maintain proper coverage.